It’s officially fall!! Calendars read October, everything is dusted in pumpkin spice and kids are antsy to go in a hay ride.
Here are 9 Bowie area activities that are perfect for getting the family out of the house and exploring our beautiful state:
1. Montpelier Farms – Upper Marlboro, Md – Enjoy pumpkin picking, hay rides, a corn maze, and more Fridays- Sundays through November 2, 2017
2. Macaroni Kid Bowie Trick or Treat and Movie Event at Waugh Chapel Town Center – 10/27 5:00 pm, Movie starts at 6:30 pm
3. Great Jack O’ Lantern Campfire – Oct. 21, 2017. Display of hand-carved pumpkins, hunt for glowing Jack O’ Lanterns, hot cider, haunted Halloween tales and more. Free. 7-8:30pm. Darnall’s Chance House Museum, Upper Marlboro.
4. Flick or Treat – Oct. 28, 2017. Outdoor family-friendly spooky movie night and light snacks (while supplies last). $5; ages 12 and under $2. 7pm. Riversdale House Museum, Riverdale Park. 301-864-0420
5. Queen Anne Farm – Through Oct. 31, 2017. Pumpkin patch, maze, hay ride, animals and more. 18102 Central Ave, Mitchellville. 301-249-2427
6. Patuxent Wildlife Festival – Oct. 21, 2017. Live animals, children’s crafts, tram tours and more. Free. 10am-3pm. National Wildlife Visitor Center, Laurel.
7. 9th Annual American Indian Festival – Oct. 21, 2017. Celebrate the cultures of Native Americans featuring live performances of traditional and contemporary music, dancing, drumming, singing, and storytelling and more. Free. 10am-4pm. Patuxent River Park, Upper Marlboro.
8. Farm Fest – Oct. 28, 2017. Family-oriented, charitable Western event involves cowboys, cowgirls and their horses coming together and performing routines and stunts to show support for worthy causes. Local performers, vendors, pony rides, and more. 10am-7pm. Free. The Show Place Arena, Upper Marlboro. 301-952-7900,
9. Family Fall Festival – October 28, 12 pm – 2 pm. Join Waugh Chapel Towne Centre on S. Main Chapel Way for our annual Family Fall Festival.
This is just a handful of actives in the Bowie, Maryland area. Check out Annapolis, Baltimore and Washington D.C. if you want to explore a little further.
Did I miss a local event? Let me know about it in the comments!