Hey there lovely,
Have you been pampered today? Are you a newly postpartum mother or one approaching toddlerhood? Either way you deserve some special attention today and I know just the person to provide it…. YOU! That’s right you. I mean .I know it may sound crazy. You spend 110% of your day giving to and caring for and attending to the needs of this tiny person, how can you possible find it within you to pamper yourself. I’ve got to be honest with you, mama, in this day and age you have to be able to rely on and take care of yourself before you can take care of and have others rely on you.
Here are 6 simple ways you can take a quick moment to rejuvenate your spirit:
1. Brew a nice large cup of quality herbal tea and enjoy while baby is napping.
2. Pay attention to you nutrition. While baby is napping, put together some quick healthy snacks for the next couple of days. Eat them while feeding baby.
3. Take 5-15 moments of quiet meditation. Try to still your thoughts and focus on the moment. Don’t worry if you get distracted just start over.
4. Read a book, watch a favorite TV show or movie, especially something that will make you smile.
5. Take a luxurious bath. Can be as simple or as elaborate as you like. Start with a favorite scented candle and go from there.
6. Ask for help when you need it! Don’t martyr yourself or try to be supermom/ superdad. Society today expects you to do it all as a new mom, but moms and dads that have been there done that know that you really CAN’T do it all alone, if you want to preserve your sanity.
So there you have it lovely! If you try any of these ideas, let me know about your experience.
Until next time!